POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in pseudo random? (gif 716b+) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in pseudo random? (gif 716b+) (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: Bug in pseudo random? (gif 716b+) (UDP)
Date: 2 Feb 1999 18:31:12
Message: <36B787C1.365DA2D2@xs4all.nl>
Spider wrote:

> More thoughts.
> If this won't change(I doubt it will) then a note in the documentation
> should note about this, and make the user aware of it. A thing for the
> UDP ?
>
> //Spider

Huh, or just stick to using one seed.
;-)

Remco

Post a reply to this message

From: Spider
Date: 2 Feb 1999 19:24:49
Message: <36B79630.23AEB71@bahnhof.se>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> Spider wrote:
> >
> > More thoughts.
> > If this won't change(I doubt it will) then a note in the documentation
> > should note about this, and make the user aware of it. A thing for the
> > UDP ?
> >
> > //Spider
>
> Huh, or just stick to using one seed.
> ;-)

Nooo, that would defy the reason for having seeds, wouldn't it ??

//Spider

Post a reply to this message

From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 2 Feb 1999 20:52:37
Message: <36b8ab2c.102296086@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:13:15 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:

>More thoughts.
>If this won't change(I doubt it will) then a note in the documentation
>should note about this, and make the user aware of it. A thing for the
>UDP ?

Aaaahhh!

A peek inside parkrrrr's mind while he tries to decode the characters
"UDP"...

"Usenet Death Penalty"  nope, that's not it.
"User Datagram Packet"  nope, not it either.
what could it be?  Oh, yeah, "User Documentation Project."

Can we come up with a different TLA?  That one's already been
overused.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Not my idea, dont' blame me!!! (Scared scream as he jumps for cover)

sure thing, change it, do it, do it !!!!

//Spider

"Ronald L. Parker" wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:13:15 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:
>
> >More thoughts.
> >If this won't change(I doubt it will) then a note in the documentation
> >should note about this, and make the user aware of it. A thing for the
> >UDP ?
>
> Aaaahhh!
>
> A peek inside parkrrrr's mind while he tries to decode the characters
> "UDP"...
>
> "Usenet Death Penalty"  nope, that's not it.
> "User Datagram Packet"  nope, not it either.
> what could it be?  Oh, yeah, "User Documentation Project."
>
> Can we come up with a different TLA?  That one's already been
> overused.  :)

Post a reply to this message

How about calling it the YKYBRTLWYCAPFMAUDTIMTTTOTCWTP?

-Mike

Ronald L. Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:13:15 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:
>
> >More thoughts.
> >If this won't change(I doubt it will) then a note in the documentation
> >should note about this, and make the user aware of it. A thing for the
> >UDP ?
>
> Aaaahhh!
>
> A peek inside parkrrrr's mind while he tries to decode the characters
> "UDP"...
>
> "Usenet Death Penalty"  nope, that's not it.
> "User Datagram Packet"  nope, not it either.
> what could it be?  Oh, yeah, "User Documentation Project."
>
> Can we come up with a different TLA?  That one's already been
> overused.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Fine with me as long as I don't have to reference it by name.
I'll call it Y for short.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

(still waiting for something to take the bait.  Hee hee)

-Mike

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:00:55 -0600, Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>The Y project it is. :)
>
>(still waiting for something to take the bait.  Hee hee)
>
>-Mike

How about "The Y-files" :) ?

Peter