POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Ronald L  Parker
Subject: Re: USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT [ PLEASE READ ]
Date: 30 Jan 1999 10:19:44
Message: <36b32278.58280982@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:42:08 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>I learned how to use Pov before the documentation even had all
>of those pretty, little pictures. In fact you folks would
>get a real kick out of reading the docs for DKBTrace and Pov v1.0.
>Now those were the days - Not !

I'm with Ken.  Upon reading this thread, I was trying to remember how
I learned POV, but it was so long ago it's all just a hazy memory.

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Jan 1999 11:12:47
Message: <36B32FDC.9EA078C3@inapg.inra.fr>
I remember reading the 147 pages, 7-point font POV 1.0 docs by the light
of an oil lamp in my 1993 underground cave. I had deleted all the blank
lines and some stuff (credits...) with Word 5 to save papyrus. I never
had to print any POV docs after that.
Gilles Tran

"Ronald L. Parker" wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:42:08 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
> >I learned how to use Pov before the documentation even had all
> >of those pretty, little pictures. In fact you folks would
> >get a real kick out of reading the docs for DKBTrace and Pov v1.0.
> >Now those were the days - Not !
>
> I'm with Ken.  Upon reading this thread, I was trying to remember how
> I learned POV, but it was so long ago it's all just a hazy memory.

Post a reply to this message

> I remember reading the 147 pages, 7-point font POV 1.0 docs by the light
> of an oil lamp in my 1993 underground cave. I had deleted all the blank
> lines and some stuff (credits...) with Word 5 to save papyrus. I never
> had to print any POV docs after that.
> Gilles Tran

And I thought I was a lone rebel when I edited the 2.2 doc's for
space and content. Don't tell anybody but I even rearranged some
of the sections for continuity. Shhhh !

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet