POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT : Re: USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT [ PLEASE READ ] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT [ PLEASE READ ]
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 30 Jan 1999 14:32:08
Message: <36b35cea.9639930@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 17:14:20 +0100, Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>I remember reading the 147 pages, 7-point font POV 1.0 docs by the light
>of an oil lamp in my 1993 underground cave. I had deleted all the blank
>lines and some stuff (credits...) with Word 5 to save papyrus. I never
>had to print any POV docs after that.
>Gilles Tran

I remember doing the same thing - deleting all the blank lines,
setting the point size to 6 or 7, and squeezing it into three
columns.  I don't remember how many pages it was, but that was
the POV 2.2 docs, so they were a bit smaller.  After that, I
found a copy of RTC in the local bookstore and bought it.  That
was easily the best way ever to learn POV-Ray - lots of pictures,
text, and code samples, plus the reference section at the back,
and all written by people who really know their stuff.  I still
have it.  I've got a friend I'm working on getting hooked on POV
and I'll probably lend it to her to get started with.