POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A blobby question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:13 EDT (-0400)
  A blobby question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: A blobby question
Date: 24 Jan 1999 01:48:38
Message: <36aac246.0@news.povray.org>
Well hello there,

Perhaps someone could offer help with this blob question.
Working with primitives, It is possible to #declare a union of objects, and then
re-use
this declaration nested within another union. However, I have tried to find a way to
do
the same with blobs, but I can't get it to work. There doesn't seem to be an option to
do
it. Does anyone know if it's possible? I want to #declare a blob object constructed of
maybe 10 sphere components, each one affected by clock* rotations and translations,
and
then re-use this object many times, each with additional rotations etc. The only way I
can
do it at the moment is to apply multiple transformations to each component, but as I'm
likely to have 10,000+ components, I'd rather hack my own legs off with a spoon than
attempt it!

I hope it's just a case of ignorance on my part.

Anyway, I'm pleased 'cos I think I've just created a scene that has 'artefact' free
atmospheric media! Maybe I could make my fortune by divulging the settings in exchange
for
huge sums of cash? ;-)

Andy Cocker

and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk

Post a reply to this message

If you mean to still have those blobs influenced by a parent threshold
value yet within their own separate statement so there is a multiple
component blob but not multitudes blobs {?}), I saw someone mention that
before and they had a patched version to do so I believe. If not, I'm
not sure I understand the idea you have in mind.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob

Post a reply to this message