POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A blobby question : Re: A blobby question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A blobby question
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Jan 1999 03:57:07
Message: <36AAE056.E09B83@aol.com>
If you mean to still have those blobs influenced by a parent threshold
value yet within their own separate statement so there is a multiple
component blob but not multitudes blobs {?}), I saw someone mention that
before and they had a patched version to do so I believe. If not, I'm
not sure I understand the idea you have in mind.

Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Well hello there,
>
> Perhaps someone could offer help with this blob question.
> Working with primitives, It is possible to #declare a union of objects, and then
re-use
> this declaration nested within another union. However, I have tried to find a way to
do
> the same with blobs, but I can't get it to work. There doesn't seem to be an option
to do
> it. Does anyone know if it's possible? I want to #declare a blob object constructed
of
> maybe 10 sphere components, each one affected by clock* rotations and translations,
and
> then re-use this object many times, each with additional rotations etc. The only way
I can
> do it at the moment is to apply multiple transformations to each component, but as
I'm

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob