POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: The Results of the POV-Survey Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: The Results of the POV-Survey (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: ANNOUNCE: The Results of the POV-Survey
Date: 4 Jan 1999 21:50:04
Message: <36917ddc.0@news.povray.org>
OK, as promised, here are the results from the POV-Survey I ran:

People that completed the survey: 75
No. Males: 72
No. Females: 3
Oldest person: 66
Youngest person: 15
Average age: 28.52

Male percent: 96
Female percent: 4

Youngest male: 15
Youngest female: 22
Oldest male: 66
Oldest female: 40

There we are, and WOW!  I'm still amongst the youngest! (turning 16 in
March)

I was surprised by the number of females, but then again the survey isn't
very representative of all the POV-Ray users, because only a small percent
use this newsgroup (that's what I assume anyway...).

I will soon be posting a more comprehensive survey, stay tuned!!!

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

BTW, all email addresses submitted remain totally confidential.
This survey was in no way connected to or endorsed by the POV-Team.

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

> OK, as promised, here are the results from the POV-Survey I ran:
>
> People that completed the survey: 75
> No. Males: 72
> No. Females: 3
> Oldest person: 66
> Youngest person: 15
> Average age: 28.52
>
> Male percent: 96
> Female percent: 4
>
> Youngest male: 15
> Youngest female: 22
> Oldest male: 66
> Oldest female: 40
>
> There we are, and WOW!  I'm still amongst the youngest! (turning 16 in
> March)
>
> I was surprised by the number of females, but then again the survey isn't
> very representative of all the POV-Ray users, because only a small percent
> use this newsgroup (that's what I assume anyway...).
>
> I will soon be posting a more comprehensive survey, stay tuned!!!
>
> --
> Lance.

What ! No graphs ? Sheesh !

Statisticaly I don't feel your percentages will hold
up if the time period for the survey were longer, and
it's wise to remember that older folk will consider
such surveys pointless, old age dulls enthusiasm, and
might not feel obliged to fill it out. But it is
kinda interesting. The female respondant numbers support
my assertaions in my why aren't there more females out
there using the program thread.

The oldest female is my age. That's neat.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message