POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Female Pov-Ray users Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Female Pov-Ray users (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Ken
Subject: Female Pov-Ray users
Date: 28 Dec 1998 09:51:04
Message: <36879A7B.22BA9E40@pacbell.net>
Just out of curiosity why is it that the majority of Pov
users appear to be the male half of the human race ?
There certainly is no lack of female paint program users
and I would think that this approach to graphics production
would be a natural extention to their creativity. Contrary
to that belief though the absence of females posting their
work in these groups and asking questions about the use of
the program would indicate otherwise. Is it perhaps the
nature of men to get into the nuts and bolts of "things"
while women really don't care what makes it work as long as
they can use it ? Pov-Ray certainly falls into the class of
a nuts and bolts program.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

It could also be that the majority of postings include some 'space' theme
and I only knew of one female in all my life that was interested
in Star Trek.  I'm guessing this could be a turn off to some.....

Mike

Ken wrote in message <36879A7B.22BA9E40@pacbell.net>...
>Just out of curiosity why is it that the majority of Pov
>users appear to be the male half of the human race ?
>There certainly is no lack of female paint program users
>and I would think that this approach to graphics production
>would be a natural extention to their creativity. Contrary
>to that belief though the absence of females posting their
>work in these groups and asking questions about the use of
>the program would indicate otherwise. Is it perhaps the
>nature of men to get into the nuts and bolts of "things"
>while women really don't care what makes it work as long as
>they can use it ? Pov-Ray certainly falls into the class of
>a nuts and bolts program.
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>tyl### [at] pacbellnet