POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Personal opinion only... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:31:47 EDT (-0400)
  Personal opinion only... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Personal opinion only...
Date: 30 Dec 1998 20:43:50
Message: <368ad6d6.0@news.povray.org>
On the subject matter of female graphic artists... and this is just my
personal opinion only, I think the females do a much better jogb than most
males when it comes to creativity and imagination.  Society in the past
however has not been able to accept the fact that women are just as good as
men.  As far as I'm concerned, if there were more women in political power
(not trying to get into politics here though) than the world would be a
better place!!!  As for POV-Ray, although it seems that there are a lower
number of women using POV-Ray than men, I feel that this number is rapidly
increasing, and will continue to increase in the future.  I think it's great
that females can get in on the POV-Ray scene, and 3D graphics in general.
It seems that it's bringing a lot more creativity, imagination and
sensitivity to the 3D world.  I think that men are far more factually
creative in their art than women are and this unfortuneately causes (as has
been stated before) an overdose of SciFi pictures (which I'm personally sick
to death of!!!).  I don't know how many million different viewpoints I've
seen of the Starship Enterprise or an X-Wing fighter!!!  <g>  I suggest all
the male artists that feel that they are better than female artists
immediately take a look at www.oken3d.com for a shocking experiance :-)  The
creativity in that site is far above any site I've seen produced by a male
artist!!!  It's also interesting to note how many females are getting into
the programming field now, for more than in previous years.

So, to conclude, I've posted a little survey on my website.  I'd like
everyone to go there now and do it (it only takes 30 seconds, don't quote me
on that :-).  It will also answer my previous question of age groups in
POV-Ray.  Check it out at
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/pov_quick_survey.html

Thanks to everyone who enters!!!

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

>So, to conclude, I've posted a little survey on my website.  I'd like
>everyone to go there now and do it (it only takes 30 seconds, don't quote
me
>on that :-).  It will also answer my previous question of age groups in
>POV-Ray.  Check it out at
>http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/pov_quick_survey.html
>
>Thanks to everyone who enters!!!
>
>--
>Lance.
>

>---
>For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
>The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

I always do anything they tell me not to do: it took only 10 seconds to fill
in the form :-)

(BTW, that's not really true.  I do it often, but not always.  Anyhow I
really hate to get orders ;-)

ZK

Post a reply to this message

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an order, more a suggestion :-)
Unfortuneately FortuneCity's CGI scripts are playing up and are really slow
at the moment so I don't even know if that worked...

--
Lance.

---