POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Personal opinion only... : Re: Personal opinion only... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Personal opinion only...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 31 Dec 1998 12:56:14
Message: <368BBADE.CECC0869@inapg.inra.fr>
> It seems that it's bringing a lot more creativity, imagination and
> sensitivity to the 3D world.  I think that men are far more factually
> creative in their art than women are and this unfortuneately causes (as has
> been stated before) an overdose of SciFi pictures (which I'm personally sick
> to death of!!!).  I don't know how many million different viewpoints I've
> seen of the Starship Enterprise or an X-Wing fighter!!!

Funny you mention this, because I usually try to avoid the classical "male"
themes in 3D, (busty babes, cars, warplanes, spaceships, dinosaurs and "my
desktop with the computer, the coffee mug and the venetian blinds"), not because
I don't like them (I've drawn enough of them when I was a teenager to last me a
couple of lifetimes ; I still can draw a T-Rex in a F-14 from memory, though),
but because I need something else. However, I still have trouble entering a more
"intimate" realm of artistical feeling, something that is often found in works
by female artists, so I'm kind of stuck in between. I've discussed this with
some women artists I know, and I still got no clue why it's like this.

Gilles Tran
and Happy New Year to the group !