POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded or smoothed text? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded or smoothed text? (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Jerry
Subject: Re: Rounded or smoothed text?
Date: 20 Jan 1999 18:26:28
Message: <jerry-2001991526300001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <36646603.31F68562@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Jerry wrote:
>> If what you are talking about is like "beveled" text, go to dejanews and
>> look for bevel in the POV-Ray newsgroup. There are at least two examples
>> there, one for POV 3.0 and one for POV 3.1.
>
>  There better not be any reference to a pov-ray newsgroup
>at dejanews. This is a closed server and does not appear
>on usenet. If it does someone should report it to the povray
>admin team immediatly. Perhaps you mean c.g.r.r. or one of
>the other subject groups on this server ?

I meant comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing. Which is not a POV-Ray
newsgroup (although POV-Ray is on topic within it) and I have no idea why
I used that phrase.

Jerry

Post a reply to this message

From: Dan Connelly
Date: 20 Jan 1999 19:40:55
Message: <36A67774.B6E88392@flash.net>
Ken is getting sloppy in his high output volume.

Of course there are references to news.povray.org in dejanews.  A quick check will
reveal
that.  They were archived during the leak, which was acknowleged and fixed
by the administrators.  But it will take years for that section of the archive to
be purged.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/