POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Humans Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Humans (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Stefan de Bruijn
Subject: Humans
Date: 24 Oct 1998 12:45:58
Message: <3631F4D9.7D12@dds.nl>
Hia,

I know it's too difficult to make by hand, so I ask you guys: Can
anyone over here make a human with POV-Ray. Are there any tools to
convert Fractal Designer Poser files to POV?

Please mail me if you have any solutions / suggestions.

Stefan de Bruijn
mailto:atl### [at] ddsnl
http://han-en-jana.rc.tudelft.nl

Post a reply to this message

> I know it's too difficult to make by hand, so I ask you guys: Can
> anyone over here make a human with POV-Ray. Are there any tools to
> convert Fractal Designer Poser files to POV?
>
> Please mail me if you have any solutions / suggestions.
>
> Stefan de Bruijn
> mailto:atl### [at] ddsnl
> http://han-en-jana.rc.tudelft.nl

This question was asked and answered a day or two ago on c.g.r.r.
You might take a look at the responses there. I don't remember
the specifics but there were possibilities of success.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:40:09 +0200, Stefan de Bruijn <atl### [at] ddsnl> wrote:

>Hia,
>
>I know it's too difficult to make by hand, so I ask you guys: Can
>anyone over here make a human with POV-Ray. Are there any tools to
>convert Fractal Designer Poser files to POV?
>
>Please mail me if you have any solutions / suggestions.
>
>Stefan de Bruijn
>mailto:atl### [at] ddsnl
>http://han-en-jana.rc.tudelft.nl

You can save your poser files in the dxf format.
Then you can convert them to povray scenefiles using Crossroads.
You can get Crossroads here : http://www.europa.com/~keithr/

Sources for human figures.

Avalon http://avalon.viewpoint.com/cgi-bin/nav.pl?key=oc&site=vp
They have got a lot of nice objects.

Cyberware. http://www.cyberware.com
Look at their ftpsite ftp.cyberware.com in the directory full body.

3d Cafe http://www.3dcafe.com
Again a lot of nice onjects

Objects usually come in the 3ds and dxf format. Both can be converted by
crossroads.

Theo
thb### [at] xs4allnl

Post a reply to this message