POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Humans : Re: Humans Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Humans
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 25 Oct 1998 11:19:29
Message: <36334f1d.71721830@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:40:09 +0200, Stefan de Bruijn <atl### [at] ddsnl>
wrote:

>Hia,
>
>I know it's too difficult to make by hand, so I ask you guys: Can
>anyone over here make a human with POV-Ray. Are there any tools to
>convert Fractal Designer Poser files to POV?
>
>Please mail me if you have any solutions / suggestions.

I have a perl script that can convert the .RIB files exported by poser
1 and 2 (I haven't tested it with 3) to POV .INC files.  Using this
script has two advantages over using DXF:

1) DXF can't support smooth triangles.  RIB can.  My script keeps the
smooth triangles Poser exports.
2) At least with poser 1, there was no distinction between the various
body parts in a DXF file (this may have been rectified by now)  This
doesn't happen with RIB files, so you can apply different textures to
different body parts.