POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Humans : Re: Humans Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Humans
From: Theo Bruin
Date: 25 Oct 1998 08:41:05
Message: <363523ec.63285363@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:40:09 +0200, Stefan de Bruijn <atl### [at] ddsnl> wrote:

>Hia,
>
>I know it's too difficult to make by hand, so I ask you guys: Can
>anyone over here make a human with POV-Ray. Are there any tools to
>convert Fractal Designer Poser files to POV?
>
>Please mail me if you have any solutions / suggestions.
>
>Stefan de Bruijn
>mailto:atl### [at] ddsnl
>http://han-en-jana.rc.tudelft.nl

You can save your poser files in the dxf format.
Then you can convert them to povray scenefiles using Crossroads.
You can get Crossroads here : http://www.europa.com/~keithr/

Sources for human figures.

Avalon http://avalon.viewpoint.com/cgi-bin/nav.pl?key=oc&site=vp
They have got a lot of nice objects.

Cyberware. http://www.cyberware.com
Look at their ftpsite ftp.cyberware.com in the directory full body.

3d Cafe http://www.3dcafe.com
Again a lot of nice onjects

Objects usually come in the 3ds and dxf format. Both can be converted by
crossroads.

Theo
thb### [at] xs4allnl