POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling an Egg? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Modelling an Egg? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: E M Micklei
Subject: Modelling an Egg?
Date: 9 Aug 1998 04:38:14
Message: <35CD517B.E7015338@elc.com>
Hi,

Does it comes down to computing a bunch of triangles or
can blobs help me on this ?

Ernest
emi### [at] elccom

Post a reply to this message

From: K  Tyler
Subject: Re: Modelling an Egg?
Date: 9 Aug 1998 07:55:12
Message: <35CD71C4.A80C05FD@pacbell.net>
E.M.Micklei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does it comes down to computing a bunch of triangles or
> can blobs help me on this ?
>
> Ernest
> emi### [at] elccom

    There are many ways of to do what you ask, but the easiest
thing you may want to try is a SOR (surface of revolution),
or a Lathe object. An aid to doing this is graphing a curve on a
piece of graph paper and assigning pov units to the squares.
Then transfer the number coordinates into the SOR or Lathe
x,y vector syntax. This would produce a very nice, smooth, Egg.

K.Tyler

Post a reply to this message