POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling an Egg? : Re: Modelling an Egg? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling an Egg?
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 22 Aug 1998 22:38:09
Message: <35DF80CE.83F61BF9@istar.ca>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> E.M.Micklei wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does it comes down to computing a bunch of triangles or
> > can blobs help me on this ?
> >
> > Ernest
> > emi### [at] elccom
>
> It depends on how realistic you want it to be but I think my first try
> would by two half spheres, scaled in the y direction.

Back when I wanted to call my website the "Egg Advisory Council", I
decided to render an egg... Blobs don't seen to work (though cones might
help, with a lot of playing around), SOR doesn't look right.

If you do want a good, simple egg, the half spheres are wonderful. Perhaps
not really accurate, but it looks really nice.

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet