POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.1r1 BUG REPORT : 2-d vectors, uv Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  3.1r1 BUG REPORT : 2-d vectors, uv (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dan Connelly
Subject: 3.1r1 BUG REPORT : 2-d vectors, uv
Date: 25 Sep 1998 12:29:06
Message: <360BB6AC.99DFBFB6@flash.net>
Note on 3.1, bug reports have gone from email to news,
so I am posting mine here.

The component operators don't work on 2-d vectors.  This
problem has existed 3.02 (at least).   A sample file :

light_source { 3 color rgb 1 }
camera { location 2 look_at 0 }
sphere { 0, 1 pigment { color rgb 1 } }

#declare uv = <1, 2>;
#debug concat("uv.u = ", str(uv.u, 0, -1), "\n")
#debug concat("uv.v = ", str(uv.v, 0, -1), "\n")

Dan Connelly
Version 3.1r1 W95
PII 128MB

--