POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dealing with text Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  dealing with text (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Laszlo Vecsey
Subject: dealing with text
Date: 14 Sep 1998 19:03:54
Message: <35fd92ca.0@news.povray.org>
Often I need to center text on an object or align it in certain ways, but
it proves difficult because of the variable length in most text fonts.. a
monofont would solve my problem, but so would a way to compute the length
of a text object, which I could throw into a variable and use from there.

Is this making sense to anyone? :) Please help..

- lv

Post a reply to this message

Ooops, I spoke too soon. Here is the answer for those wondering:

	http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html

Now does anyone know if something like this will be included in future
versions of povray?

- lv

Laszlo Vecsey <mas### [at] internexusnet> wrote:
> Often I need to center text on an object or align it in certain ways, but
> it proves difficult because of the variable length in most text fonts.. a
> monofont would solve my problem, but so would a way to compute the length
> of a text object, which I could throw into a variable and use from there.

> Is this making sense to anyone? :) Please help..

> - lv

Post a reply to this message