POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : news web interface charset decoding Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  news web interface charset decoding (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
Subject: news web interface charset decoding
Date: 23 Apr 2002 14:00:26
Message: <vs7bcu8m54muu1hncn158jj1qvpr6fqa64@4ax.com>
Really don't know where to post this note but
there is confusing subject on page
http://news.povray.org/3CC56152.F222C5BA%40gmx.de
Mail contains Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: news web interface charset decoding
Date: 23 Apr 2002 14:25:51
Message: <3cc5a72f@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> Really don't know where to post this note but
> there is confusing subject on page
> http://news.povray.org/3CC56152.F222C5BA%40gmx.de
> Mail contains Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

It is not confusing but caused by some news clients turning some message
header lines into some strange encoding when the find non-ASCII characters in
the header line (usually Subject or From header lines) *.  Unfortunately I
don't know the name of this encoding and so I never managed to find out
something about it.  Hints are welcome, of course.

    Thorsten

* This is also the reason why your name always end up truncated in the web
view.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde