POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : news web interface charset decoding : Re: news web interface charset decoding Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: news web interface charset decoding
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Apr 2002 12:31:19
Message: <3cc6ddd7@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> I don't know if it help but Christoph has language  "de" already inserted in
> his post - therefore it is displayed as 8859-1 probably. I'm sure there are
> some rady converters from different charsets to unicode

You misunderstood my problem.  It is not that I have no sources of the
charceter encodings, but the string format encoding.  That is what the
questionmark and equal signs and so on mean.  Obviously there is some special
meaning to those that one has to know to extract the character set
specification and the other information.  Once I know the format encoding I
can cope with it I am sure, but but I simply don't know what this encoding
format is called or in which RFC it is specified.  I searched for it last year
but did not manage to find it...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde