POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Henry G  Chatroop
Subject: Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in?
Date: 26 Jul 1998 22:42:44
Message: <01bdb8ff$acaf9000$050000c0@hydra5>
Hello

The subject says it all - I am curious because I may want to modify the
Linux source code (when it appears) for a project I am working on - so is
it C as was with the earlier versions of Povray - or C++ as proposed - Java
I gather being a bit slow - or something else?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Henry

--
Interested in the applications of technology; past, present and future -
especially unusual [hen### [at] zipcomau]

Post a reply to this message

Rewriting a C++ version would at least require a ver 4.0 !
Anyway it would be a huge work ..

----------------------------------
Timothee Besset
ECL - Promo 99
http://www.mygale.org/01/besset
MGS http://www.planetquake.com/mgs

Post a reply to this message

>Rewriting a C++ version would at least require a ver 4.0 !
>Anyway it would be a huge work ..

>Timothee Besset
>ECL - Promo 99
>http://www.mygale.org/01/besset
>MGS http://www.planetquake.com/mgs

They actually plan to use C++ for 4.0 (said in the 3.0 docs),
"a major rewrite".

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message