POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in? : Re: Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: What language is POVRAY 3.1 written in?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 30 Jul 1998 12:43:40
Message: <01bdbbcf$192f5a40$8c00a8c0@shindo.ddlinks.co.uk>
Timothee BESSET <bes### [at] mailclub-internetfr> wrote in article
<35BE1BE5.E553921C@mail.club-internet.fr>...
> Fabien Mosen wrote:
> >

> > They actually plan to use C++ for 4.0 (said in the 3.0 docs),
> > "a major rewrite".
> >
> > Fabien.
>
> Version 4.0 will be C++, multi-CPU, distributed rendering, and twice as
> fast as pov 3 .. but when will it be released ? ;-)

	When they've written it, it's been thorough beta testing a the POV team is
happy is ready for release I would guess.
	Now, shall we let them get on with getting 3.1 into release before we
start talking about 4.0 ? For all we know there may still yet be 3.11,
3.12, 3.2, etc, etc. releases before we're anywhere near to having 4.0 !

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.