POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : cylinder light docs seem too vague Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  cylinder light docs seem too vague (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: cadman
Subject: cylinder light docs seem too vague
Date: 6 Feb 2002 14:47:30
Message: <3c618852$1@news.povray.org>
From: "cadman" <cad### [at] graffitinet>
Subject: Looking for more info on cylinder lights
Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:53 AM

The docs say that the cylinder light syntax is exactly like the spotlight
syntax.  How can this be so?  The radius keyword in the spotlight is the
radius angle of the cone surface from the reflective vector.  There is no
such thing for a cylinder.  Same with the falloff keyword.

What effect do these keywords have on a cylinder light?  When toying with
it, it seems that the falloff has the most effect on the look of the light,
and radius seems to have no effect.  Anyway, you get the idea.  How is the
cylinder light supposed to be used?

Post a reply to this message