POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
7 May 2024 03:37:13 EDT (-0400)
  2nd Post with Meaning :) (Message 11 to 20 of 44)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
Date: 1 Feb 2002 15:46:20
Message: <3c5afe9c@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote :

> which only MS word can use...

    I don't have a problem with that (even though it is not quite true).
Anyone who is serious about computer art gets good tools, same with writing.
Most people probably have word, and if not, those that do can import the odd
txt file. In the end we will probably reformat it to PDF, RTF or html
anyway. But since we are talking about a book with images and special
character formats, there is no chance that we will be using platform
independent, open source file formats. May as well go with a full featured,
relatively common program so that the project can proceed.

    Unless you think everyone should go out and buy Acrobat.

Post a reply to this message