POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 09:59:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 1 Feb 2002 15:46:20
Message: <3c5afe9c@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote :

> which only MS word can use...

    I don't have a problem with that (even though it is not quite true).
Anyone who is serious about computer art gets good tools, same with writing.
Most people probably have word, and if not, those that do can import the odd
txt file. In the end we will probably reformat it to PDF, RTF or html
anyway. But since we are talking about a book with images and special
character formats, there is no chance that we will be using platform
independent, open source file formats. May as well go with a full featured,
relatively common program so that the project can proceed.

    Unless you think everyone should go out and buy Acrobat.