POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 10:50:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 Feb 2002 12:59:50
Message: <3c5c2916$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> Why is that?  Have you actually looked at DocBook?

    I note that the official DocBook online book is written in html.

> WordPerfect even does
> a fairly good job of working with XML and SGML; surely any writer who's
> serious about his or her craft has either that or FrameMaker, right?

    Perhaps, but Word would be the minimum I would expect. WordPerfect and
FrameMaker are great, but not that much better than Word (I have the Corel
Suite and don't use it). Since the office version of Word comes with most
computers (or you can get Works for $49), spending the extra for Adobe is a
little silly for most uses. It's sort of like the guy who spends $6000 for a
sound system and listens to his music on cassettes. There is no arguing that
the system is great, but $5000 of it is wasted.

    Each section can be made in the povray editor for all I care, it is the
formatting for publication that matters and most of us will not have to
worry about that.