POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: St
Subject: Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?)
Date: 29 Aug 2004 11:59:32
Message: <4131fd64@news.povray.org>
Can anyone that's entering the competition, verify in which way they
are preparing themselves to submit their entries?

At the moment, I'm just concentrating on my image, but I can see
difficulties ahead for me especially with the text that's needed and
the time that might be left.

  Has anyone started their text stuff yet? Or, are you leaving that
until last?

 And lastly...  How is it all going for you? Sleepless nights?
Relentless Rad, Worrisome Warps?  ;)

   ~Steve~
> Can anyone that's entering the competition, verify in which way they
> are preparing themselves to submit their entries?
>
> At the moment, I'm just concentrating on my image, but I can see
> difficulties ahead for me especially with the text that's needed and
> the time that might be left.
>
>   Has anyone started their text stuff yet? Or, are you leaving that
> until last?

As always, I have a bozillian things left that I want to add to my scene.
And, as always, render time is getting longer...

I'll probably leave the text file until last.  I figure on leaving perhaps 2
weeks to get the final render(s) working and looking nice.  That should give
me time to fix any "last minute" problems.

>  And lastly...  How is it all going for you? Sleepless nights?
> Relentless Rad, Worrisome Warps?  ;)

I don't need sleep!  Sleep is for wimps!  When in doubt, pinky out!
(Spongebobish reference)

I don't think I ever made it to bed before midnight this week.  For me, it
seems like I have to pour myself into the task as much as possible before I
lose interest.  I'm hoping to be "mostly done" by mid September.

So far, I haven't run up against any problems that seem unsolvable without
making large sacrifices (which often happens to me).  But I really
approached this from a perspective where I had the option of leaving out
certain things if I couldn't get them working, without destroying the
overall scene.

I'm really in-love with my idea, which helps a lot.  In fact, you should
probably just give up now.  Turn off your computer and go home.  Everyone
else, too.  Did I mention that I'm actually making 3 entries?  Yep, all the
good prizes will be gone.  Don't bother trying, because you're just going to
fail*.

--
Jeremy Squarepants
www.beantoad.com

*Except for the "I'm really in-love with my idea" part, please don't take
this paragraph seriously.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing some
amazing achievements (by others) during this competition.  But yeah... 1st
place would be nice...  :-)
"Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message

> >   Has anyone started their text stuff yet? Or, are you leaving
that
> > until last?
>
> As always, I have a bozillian things left that I want to add to my
scene.
> And, as always, render time is getting longer...

    Well, I'm at 4+ hours render time with mine, and a 700+ Mb Wings
folder is the result too...   :/

> I'll probably leave the text file until last.  I figure on leaving
perhaps 2
> weeks to get the final render(s) working and looking nice.  That
should give
> me time to fix any "last minute" problems.

  "Is that the right texture for that...<insert thing>?"   Heh...  :)

> >  And lastly...  How is it all going for you? Sleepless nights?
> > Relentless Rad, Worrisome Warps?  ;)
> >

> I don't need sleep!  Sleep is for wimps!  When in doubt, pinky out!
> (Spongebobish reference)
>
> I don't think I ever made it to bed before midnight this week.  For
me, it
> seems like I have to pour myself into the task as much as possible
before I
> lose interest.  I'm hoping to be "mostly done" by mid September.

   Yep. I've had about three 'all-nighters', and tomorrow we have a
Bank Holiday. WooHoo! No work. Apart from Poving of course...  ;)

> So far, I haven't run up against any problems that seem unsolvable
without
> making large sacrifices (which often happens to me).  But I really
> approached this from a perspective where I had the option of leaving
out
> certain things if I couldn't get them working, without destroying
the
> overall scene.

     I know what you mean. I've kind of done the same thing apart from
my backup image will use a component from the first image and will be
totally different, (hopefully! If that is indeed the case...)

> I'm really in-love with my idea, which helps a lot.  In fact, you
should
> probably just give up now.  Turn off your computer and go home.
Everyone
> else, too.  Did I mention that I'm actually making 3 entries?  Yep,
all the
> good prizes will be gone.  Don't bother trying, because you're just
going to
> fail*.

   LOL! When you win, can I send you my MegaBytes PoV file to render
for me?  :)

   Good luck to you and all.

   ~Steve~