POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?) : Re: Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:02:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some kind of order...? (And, how's it all going ?)
From: St
Date: 29 Aug 2004 13:13:15
Message: <41320eab@news.povray.org>

> >   Has anyone started their text stuff yet? Or, are you leaving
that
> > until last?
>
> As always, I have a bozillian things left that I want to add to my
scene.
> And, as always, render time is getting longer...

    Well, I'm at 4+ hours render time with mine, and a 700+ Mb Wings
folder is the result too...   :/

> I'll probably leave the text file until last.  I figure on leaving
perhaps 2
> weeks to get the final render(s) working and looking nice.  That
should give
> me time to fix any "last minute" problems.

  "Is that the right texture for that...<insert thing>?"   Heh...  :)

> >  And lastly...  How is it all going for you? Sleepless nights?
> > Relentless Rad, Worrisome Warps?  ;)
> >

> I don't need sleep!  Sleep is for wimps!  When in doubt, pinky out!
> (Spongebobish reference)
>
> I don't think I ever made it to bed before midnight this week.  For
me, it
> seems like I have to pour myself into the task as much as possible
before I
> lose interest.  I'm hoping to be "mostly done" by mid September.

   Yep. I've had about three 'all-nighters', and tomorrow we have a
Bank Holiday. WooHoo! No work. Apart from Poving of course...  ;)

> So far, I haven't run up against any problems that seem unsolvable
without
> making large sacrifices (which often happens to me).  But I really
> approached this from a perspective where I had the option of leaving
out
> certain things if I couldn't get them working, without destroying
the
> overall scene.

     I know what you mean. I've kind of done the same thing apart from
my backup image will use a component from the first image and will be
totally different, (hopefully! If that is indeed the case...)

> I'm really in-love with my idea, which helps a lot.  In fact, you
should
> probably just give up now.  Turn off your computer and go home.
Everyone
> else, too.  Did I mention that I'm actually making 3 entries?  Yep,
all the
> good prizes will be gone.  Don't bother trying, because you're just
going to
> fail*.

   LOL! When you win, can I send you my MegaBytes PoV file to render
for me?  :)

   Good luck to you and all.

   ~Steve~