POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andreas
Subject: POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading
Date: 8 May 2009 05:50:00
Message: <web.4a03ff4435833b3ade5ced3b0@news.povray.org>
Recently I was creating a movie in POV-Ray on my Mac (Leopard). After finishing
rendering POV-Ray unexpectedly closed down.

Upon restart I got the following message:

"A fatal error occurred. If the same problem occurs more than once, please fill
out a bug report form in the POV-Ray documentation folder. Please include the
error number below.

The error number is -199. (For internal reference only)."

It was then impossible for me to load POV-Ray without getting this
error-message. To solve the problem I removed POV-Ray from my computer,
downloaded the newest version and installed it, but still the problem
persisted.

So right now I am unable to gain access to POV-Ray. How can I solve this
problem?

Post a reply to this message

> Recently I was creating a movie in POV-Ray on my Mac (Leopard). After finishing
> rendering POV-Ray unexpectedly closed down.
>
> Upon restart I got the following message:
>
> "A fatal error occurred. If the same problem occurs more than once, please fill
> out a bug report form in the POV-Ray documentation folder. Please include the
> error number below.
>
> The error number is -199. (For internal reference only)."
>

> It was then impossible for me to load POV-Ray without getting this
> error-message. To solve the problem I removed POV-Ray from my computer,
> downloaded the newest version and installed it, but still the problem
> persisted.
>
> So right now I am unable to gain access to POV-Ray. How can I solve this
> problem?

Try deleting the preferences file, which is probably locked and causes the
problem.

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

You are right. It is a problem with the preference-file, since POV-Ray crashes
upon initializing the preferences.

I have not configured POV-Ray to load any custom preference-file, so I cannot
delete it.

Which file is the default preference-file for POV-Ray?

Can I restore the file somehow?

Post a reply to this message