POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading : Re: POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading Server Time
14 May 2024 12:03:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Mac 3.6 crash on loading
From: eefKnot
Date: 25 Aug 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.4a94298ae93b494b2e3309c70@news.povray.org>
> Andreas wrote:
> > You are right. It is a problem with the preference-file, since POV-Ray crashes
> > upon initializing the preferences.
> >
> > I have not configured POV-Ray to load any custom preference-file, so I cannot
> > delete it.
> >
> > Which file is the default preference-file for POV-Ray?
>
> Like all Mac applications, POV-Ray preferences are stored in the
> /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences folder and named properly (search
> for a file with POV-Ray in the name).
>
> Note that the folder names may be localized if your system language is not
> English. If you have trouble finding the right folder, switch your system
> language to English and restart. Then all system folders will have their
> English names until you change your language back and restart again.
>
>  Thorsten

Andreas, Were you able to get POV-Ray to run on your Mac?  I am having very
similar problems and have already tried deleting the preference file as
Thorsten suggests and this did not help.  POV-ray will open and then crash
immediately.  I had posted several messages about this on the Mac message board
and the bugreport board back in April.

eefKnot