POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Intersection of rgbf-lathe with anything else -> Server Time
14 May 2024 05:54:40 EDT (-0400)
  Intersection of rgbf-lathe with anything else -> (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Stefan Hahn
Subject: Intersection of rgbf-lathe with anything else ->
Date: 24 Jun 1999 15:14:37
Message: <377283F5.B7476ABD@t-online.de>
Tanking an *Intersection* between
a *rgbf* *lathe* object
and an arbitrary object
results in only a few randomly distributed "reflective" pixels.

If you remove any of the highlighted (by *xxx*) conditions
above, the rendering is as expected.

replacing the intersection by "clipped_by" still leads to the
faulty? results.

***sth***

// Persistence Of Vision raytracer version 3.1 sample file.
// intersected rgbf lathe does not render properly (result is only a
sparse random pixel pattern)
// Win95 4.00.950B PII 300
// Povray 3.1e.msvc.win32 (PII optimized)
// File by Stefan Hahn

#include "colors.inc"

#declare eye = <-0.1,0.5,-0.1> ;
intersection {
   lathe {
      linear_spline 5
      <0.00,0>
      <0.025,0.01>
      <0.1,0.04>
      <0.2,0.0>
      <0.00,0>
      scale 0.1

      texture{pigment{color rgbf<1,1,1,0.9> }}
   }
   cylinder {-y,y,0.05}
}

plane { y, 0
   pigment {  checker  color White color Red scale 0.03     }
   finish{ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.6}
}

camera {
   angle 30
   location eye
   up <0, 0.5, 0> right <0.6666, 0, 0>
   look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source { <10, 10, -100> colour White }

Post a reply to this message