POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug with bozo density Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with bozo density (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anders Haglund
Subject: Bug with bozo density
Date: 7 Apr 1999 12:18:28
Message: <370b7744.0@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I think I've found a problem with bozo density in media. When I use bozo
density and emission I get a lot of wierd colors. This only happends with
bozo as far as I know.

This scene shows the problem:

camera {
    location <2,2,-5>
    look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source { <5,5,-5> color rgb 1 }

box { <1,1,1>,<-1,-1,-1>
    pigment { color rgbt 1 }
    interior {
        media {
            emission 1
            density { bozo }
        }
    }
    hollow
}

btw, this isn't fixed in 3.1e.

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Bug with bozo density
Date: 7 Apr 1999 12:39:33
Message: <370b7c35.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:16:39 +0200, Anders Haglund wrote:
>I think I've found a problem with bozo density in media. When I use bozo
>density and emission I get a lot of wierd colors. This only happends with
>bozo as far as I know.

It's not a problem with bozo /per se/, it's a problem with the default
color map that gets assigned to bozo.  Try giving it a monochrome
color map like so:

  density { bozo color_map{[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]} }

and watch the problem go away.

Post a reply to this message