POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : povwin does strange things to other applications Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  povwin does strange things to other applications (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: povwin does strange things to other applications
Date: 26 Sep 1998 07:12:40
Message: <360cbe18.0@news.povray.org>
PPOVwin does strange things to other running applications when
finishing/starting a rendering. This is specially visible and annoying when
rendering an animation with many quick-traced frames.

Observed problems :
+ povwin steals or gives focus at each frame ;
+ povwin closes (not minimises or hides, but closes) other windows or
applications (observed very often with winhelp, even other applications
helps ; win explorer windows ; acdsee32 and display properties)
+ povwin prevents screensaver to start or interrupts screensaver (apparently
randomly).

   POV INFO
POV-Ray for Windows
Version 3.1.beta.6b.watcom.win32 [Pentium II optimised]

   SYSTEM INFO
MS Windows 95 4.00.950 B
IE 4.0 4.711712.6
Pentium Pro 233MHz