POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : povwin does strange things to other applications : Re: povwin does strange things to other applications Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povwin does strange things to other applications
From: povray org admin team
Date: 26 Sep 1998 10:08:21
Message: <360ce4e1.288616258@news.povray.org>
"Philippe Debar" <phi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>Observed problems :
>+ povwin steals or gives focus at each frame ;

Not 'steals' ; it is explicitly given the focus (by Windows itself). This is
normal windows behaviour when a window is created. if you don't like it then
turn that behaviour off (i.e. read the docs). As this particular problem is
explicitly dealt with in the docs (even using the exact example of focus per
frame you have used above) it is quite clear that you have not done so before
posting your 'bug report'.

>+ povwin closes (not minimises or hides, but closes) other windows or
>applications (observed very often with winhelp, even other applications
>helps ; win explorer windows ; acdsee32 and display properties)

frankly, I seriously doubt this. I've never heard of it. It's not even
(normally) possible for this to happen under Windows 95/98 or NT. A thread
cannot close a window belonging to another thread or process. That is a
Windows-enforced rule.

I suggest you take a closer look at what's happening and find another cause for
it. If you're dead sure that it's happening then it's not a POVWIN problem -
you've got a flakey system.

>+ povwin prevents screensaver to start or interrupts screensaver (apparently
>randomly).

If it's random, how can you know that POVWIN causes it ?