POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : povwin does strange things to other applications Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  povwin does strange things to other applications (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: povray org admin team
Subject: Re: povwin does strange things to other applications
Date: 27 Sep 1998 11:09:37
Message: <360e46b9.379200671@news.povray.org>
>I always RTFM (heck, I even print it) and I check before posting... and you
>are right: it is in there. Sorry... I know this must be pretty annoying for
>you... The whole pov doc is quite big, I can't remenber everything. By the
>way, why hasn't the win-gui help a find option? This could eliminate some of
>my kind of posts.

That's a good point. We may add a button for it. Otherwise, press 'index' then
choose the find tab (that's standard WinHelp 4 behaviour).

>On the whole, pov is fantastic. I use it everyday, and I enjoy it - very
>much. I only wanted to help you make it even better. I never wanted to hurt
>you, and I am really sorry if I did.

Not hurt. Just exhausted.

As for the bug, if I can find some other users who report the same problem I'll
look into it. As it is this is the first time (in the two years since POVWIN
was first released) that I can recall of ever hearing of a problem of this
nature (closing other apps windows).

Post a reply to this message

>...that I can recall of ever hearing of a problem of this
>nature (closing other apps windows).

hwnd = FindWindow("POV-Ray for Windows", NULL);
SendMessage(hwnd, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0);

Friedemann Schmidt
F.S### [at] fhtw-berlinde
Raytracing-Gallery: http://www.rz.fhtw-berlin.de/~s0049669/