POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : povwin does strange things to other applications : Re: povwin does strange things to other applications Server Time
30 Jun 2024 11:43:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povwin does strange things to other applications
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 7 Oct 1998 23:22:28
Message: <361C21DA.8143F3BF@flash.net>
Philippe Debar wrote:

> PPOVwin does strange things to other running applications when
> finishing/starting a rendering. This is specially visible and annoying when
> rendering an animation with many quick-traced frames.
>
> Observed problems :
> + povwin steals or gives focus at each frame ;
> + povwin closes (not minimises or hides, but closes) other windows or
> applications (observed very often with winhelp, even other applications
> helps ; win explorer windows ; acdsee32 and display properties)
> + povwin prevents screensaver to start or interrupts screensaver (apparently
> randomly).

I haven't seen these things... but I have seen, since installing 3.1r1 and
not before, that font assignments to other processes become corrupted.  It
appears I need to restart W95 to restore things.

This is NOT a bug report, but rather an informal report of observed behavior
which might provide evidence of some sort of unsocial behavior by POV.  I
also run Netscape 4.06, which is also relatively new, so it could also
be implicated in this problem.

Dan
--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/