POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloud with fill light Server Time: 19 Feb 2019 22:41:59 GMT
  Cloud with fill light (Message 1 to 10 of 20)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: And
Subject: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 06:50:01
Message: <web.5c4ff68d3c6d135536cfec0@news.povray.org>
I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.


One main light, one fill light.


#declare cloud =
box{
<-1,-1,-1>, <5,5,5>
hollow
    texture{
        pigment{rgbt<0,0,0,1>}
    }
    interior {
        media{
            scattering{1, 3.0 extinction 1.0}
            emission rgb<0.12, 0.2, 0.3>*2.0
            method 3
            intervals 1
            samples 14
            density{
                density_file df3 "df3_file2.df3"
                interpolate 0
                scale 6
                translate <-1,-1,-1>

            }
        }

    }
scale <-1, 1, 1>
rotate <0, 0, 150>
}


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'cloud test.png' (142 KB)

Preview of image 'cloud test.png'
cloud test.png


 

From: And
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 06:55:00
Message: <web.5c4ff84b8da54bb25536cfec0@news.povray.org>
Another high resolution version


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'df3_convert_test2 _6 res200.png' (122 KB)

Preview of image 'df3_convert_test2 _6 res200.png'
df3_convert_test2 _6 res200.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 07:41:40
Message: <5c5003b4$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
> I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
> 
> 

Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.

You can also add a bit of absorption.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 10:05:01
Message: <web.5c5024538da54bb25536cfec0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
> > I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
> >
> >
>
> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
>
> You can also add a bit of absorption.
>
> --
> Thomas

Are you a member


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 10:11:37
Message: <5c5026d9$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2019 11:00, And wrote:
> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
>>> I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
>>
>> You can also add a bit of absorption.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> Are you a member
> 

Oh yes! I have used this method for cloudscapes in most of my landscape 
scenes. :-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 11:45:01
Message: <web.5c503bec8da54bb25536cfec0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 29-1-2019 11:00, And wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
> >>> I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
> >>
> >> You can also add a bit of absorption.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> > Are you a member
> >
>
> Oh yes! I have used this method for cloudscapes in most of my landscape
> scenes. :-)
>
> --
> Thomas


I have to develop some method to generate the cloud shape (using tolerance,
pattern, etc) to output df3 files.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 12:10:03
Message: <5c50429b$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2019 12:41, And wrote:
> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> On 29-1-2019 11:00, And wrote:
>>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>>>> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
>>>>> I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
>>>>
>>>> You can also add a bit of absorption.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> Are you a member
>>>
>>
>> Oh yes! I have used this method for cloudscapes in most of my landscape
>> scenes. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> 
> I have to develop some method to generate the cloud shape (using tolerance,
> pattern, etc) to output df3 files.
> 

Well, that I do not know how to do exactly; Ingo answered about that in 
povray.general a couple of days ago. I traditionally use a container 
(box, sphere, mesh) with an appropriate media-with-density.

I use the df3 method only when following Gilles Tran's method:

http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36

but I guess you know this site already.

Abe Madey's cloudscapes date back to 2006:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4447da16ade663f78069ddd30@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=243615&toff=50

originally for Megapov but easily converted to the latest official versions.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 13:25:00
Message: <web.5c50536a8da54bb25536cfec0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 29-1-2019 12:41, And wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> On 29-1-2019 11:00, And wrote:
> >>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >>>> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
> >>>>> I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
> >>>>
> >>>> You can also add a bit of absorption.
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Thomas
> >>>
> >>> Are you a member
> >>>
> >>
> >> Oh yes! I have used this method for cloudscapes in most of my landscape
> >> scenes. :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> >
> > I have to develop some method to generate the cloud shape (using tolerance,
> > pattern, etc) to output df3 files.
> >
>
> Well, that I do not know how to do exactly; Ingo answered about that in
> povray.general a couple of days ago. I traditionally use a container
> (box, sphere, mesh) with an appropriate media-with-density.

I know, I use the media, too.

>
> I use the df3 method only when following Gilles Tran's method:
>
> http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36
>
> but I guess you know this site already.
>
> Abe Madey's cloudscapes date back to 2006:
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4447da16ade663f78069ddd30@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=2
43615&toff=50
>
> originally for Megapov but easily converted to the latest official versions.

granite + turbulence



>
> --
> Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 14:10:42
Message: <XnsA9E69A6806128seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.5c503bec8da54bb25536cfec0@news.povray.org And wrote:

> I have to develop some method to generate the cloud shape (using
> tolerance, pattern, etc) to output df3 files.
> 

Hope this helps, I'm not good at clouds but it gives an idea

ingo

---%<------%<------%<---
#version 3.7;
global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }
#default{ finish{ ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.9 }} 
#include "arrays.inc"
#include "functions.inc"

#declare Pigm = pigment {
  function{(f_granite(x*10,y*10,z*10))}
  warp{
    turbulence 0.6
    octaves 10
    omega 0.5
    lambda 0.2
  }
  color_map {
    [0.0 color rgb 0.0 ]
    [1.0 color rgb 1.0 ]
  }
  scale 0.4
};

#declare Fluff = function{pigment{Pigm}};

#declare Container = pigment {
  function{f_spherical(x,y,z)}
  warp{
    turbulence 0.6
    octaves 3
    omega 0.7
    lambda 0.8
  }
  scale 0.4
  translate 0.5
};
#declare fn_Container=function{pigment{Container}};

#declare Cloud = function{
  Fluff(x,y,z).gray*fn_Container(x,y,z).gray
}


#declare ResX = 50;
#declare ResY = 50;
#declare ResZ = 50;
#declare DF_arr = array[ResX][ResY][ResZ];
#for(Z,0,1-1/ResZ,1/ResZ)
  #for(Y,0,1-1/ResY,1/ResY)
    #for(X,0,1-1/ResX,1/ResX)
      #declare Value = eval_pigment(pigment{function{Cloud(x,y,z)}},
<X,Y,Z>);
      #declare DF_arr[X*ResX][Y*ResY][Z*ResZ] = Value.gray;
    #end
  #end
#end

ARRAYS_WriteDF3(DF_arr, "test.df3", 16)


camera { angle 35 // direction z*2 
         location <0,0,-10>
       }

box {0, 1
	texture {
		pigment {rgbt 1}
	}
	interior {
		media {
			emission 1
			scattering {1, 0.1}
			intervals 1
			samples 5
			method 3
			density {
				density_file df3 "test.df3" interpolate 1
				color_map {
					[0    rgb 0]
					[0.1  rgb <0.5,0.5,0.7>]
					[0.5  rgb <1.0,0.5,0.7>]
					[0.7  rgb <1.0,1.0,0.7>]
					[1    rgb 1]
				}
			}
		}
	}
	hollow
	translate -0.5
	scale 5*<1,1,0.1>
	rotate <60,30,0>
}

light_source {<500,500,-500> rgb 1}


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'mkdf3.png' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'mkdf3.png'
mkdf3.png


 

From: jhu
Subject: Re: Cloud with fill light
Date: 29 Jan 2019 16:15:00
Message: <web.5c507bf08da54bb2fec2ecff0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 29-1-2019 7:45, And wrote:
> > I found that using fill light and some emission it is easy to simulate cloud.
> >
> >
>
> Welcome to the Cloud Club! ;-) Founding Fathers: Gilles Tran and Abe.
>
> You can also add a bit of absorption.
>
> --
> Thomas

Did you forget the first rule of Cloud Club? Yo do not talk about Cloud Club!


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.