POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloud with fill light : Re: Cloud with fill light Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud with fill light
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Jan 2019 07:10:03
Message: <5c50429b$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2019 12:41, And wrote:

>>> Are you a member
>>>

>> Oh yes! I have used this method for cloudscapes in most of my landscape
>> scenes. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>

> I have to develop some method to generate the cloud shape (using tolerance,
> pattern, etc) to output df3 files.

Well, that I do not know how to do exactly; Ingo answered about that in
povray.general a couple of days ago. I traditionally use a container
(box, sphere, mesh) with an appropriate media-with-density.

I use the df3 method only when following Gilles Tran's method:

http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36

but I guess you know this site already.

Abe Madey's cloudscapes date back to 2006:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4447da16ade663f78069ddd30@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=243615&toff=50

originally for Megapov but easily converted to the latest official versions.

--
Thomas