POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to put an image on ONE side of a box Server Time: 30 Mar 2020 13:53:31 GMT
  How to put an image on ONE side of a box (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Wijnand
Subject: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 19 Feb 2020 16:47:51
Message: <5e4d66b7@news.povray.org>
Who can help me to put an image on ONE side of a box.

#declare Tegel_1 =
box { <100, -9, 100>, <-100, 0, -100>
   pigment {
     image_map {
       gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"
       map_type 1
       once
     }
     scale 1
   }
}

The image is: vintage-40-vloertegel.gif
The result is: test_01.png


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'vintage-40-vloertegel.gif' (7 KB)
Download 'test_01.png' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'vintage-40-vloertegel.gif'
vintage-40-vloertegel.gif

Preview of image 'test_01.png'
test_01.png


 

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 19 Feb 2020 18:15:22
Message: <5e4d7b3a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2/19/20 11:47 AM, also sprach Wijnand:
> Who can help me to put an image on ONE side of a box.
> 
> #declare Tegel_1 =
> box { <100, -9, 100>, <-100, 0, -100>
>    pigment {
>      image_map {
>        gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"
>        map_type 1
>        once
>      }
>      scale 1
>    }
> }
> 
> The image is: vintage-40-vloertegel.gif
> The result is: test_01.png

union {
	box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
	box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
		pigment {
			image_map {gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"}
		}
	}
}

-- 
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 't2.png' (26 KB)

Preview of image 't2.png'
t2.png


 

From: Wijnand
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 19 Feb 2020 22:17:13
Message: <5e4db3e9$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19-2-2020 om 19:15 schreef Dick Balaska:
> union {
>      box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
>      box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
>          pigment {
>              image_map {gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"}
>          }
>      }
> }
> 
Thanks a lot, regards...


Post a reply to this message

From: Wijnand
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 20 Feb 2020 15:41:51
Message: <5e4ea8bf$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19-2-2020 om 23:17 schreef Wijnand:
> Op 19-2-2020 om 19:15 schreef Dick Balaska:
>> union {
>>      box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
>>      box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
>>          pigment {
>>              image_map {gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"}
>>          }
>>      }
>> }
>>
> Thanks a lot, regards...

Hello Dik (?),

Strange... I have made some changes to use your example for a set of 
tiles in cm (20x20x0.9 cm). The right one is yours, the left one my 
trial. Look the motive is split up in 4 parts and the parts are moved. ???

My source:

camera {
   location < 0, 50, 0>
   look_at  < 0, 0, 0>
}

object {
   light_source {<-100,100,-100> color White }
}


#declare Tile_2 =
union {
   box { <-0.5, -0.5, 0.045>,< 0.5,  0.5, 0.01> texture {pigment {White}}}
   box { <-0.5, -0.5, 0.0  >,< 0.5,  0.5, 0.00001>
     pigment {
       image_map {gif "vintage-41-randtegel.gif"}
     }
   }
   rotate<90,0,0>
//  scale 20
}

#declare Tile_5 =
union {
   box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
   box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
     pigment {
       image_map {gif "vintage-41-randtegel.gif"}
     }
   }
   rotate<90,0,0>
}


object { Tile_2 scale 20 rotate <0,180,0> translate <-20,0,0>}
object { Tile_5 scale 20         translate <10,0,-10>}


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'tiles_1.png' (135 KB)

Preview of image 'tiles_1.png'
tiles_1.png


 

From: Wijnand
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 20 Feb 2020 15:45:27
Message: <5e4ea997$1@news.povray.org>
Op 20-2-2020 om 16:41 schreef Wijnand:
> Op 19-2-2020 om 23:17 schreef Wijnand:
>> Op 19-2-2020 om 19:15 schreef Dick Balaska:
>>> union {
>>>      box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
>>>      box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
>>>          pigment {
>>>              image_map {gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"}
>>>          }
>>>      }
>>> }
>>>
>> Thanks a lot, regards...
> 
> Hello Dik (?),
> 
> Strange... I have made some changes to use your example for a set of 
> tiles in cm (20x20x0.9 cm). The right one is yours, the left one my 
> trial. Look the motive is split up in 4 parts and the parts are moved. ???
> 
> My source:
> 
> camera {
>    location < 0, 50, 0>
>    look_at  < 0, 0, 0>
> }
> 
> object {
>    light_source {<-100,100,-100> color White }
> }
> 
> 
> #declare Tile_2 =
> union {
>    box { <-0.5, -0.5, 0.045>,< 0.5,  0.5, 0.01> texture {pigment {White}}}
>    box { <-0.5, -0.5, 0.0  >,< 0.5,  0.5, 0.00001>
>      pigment {
>        image_map {gif "vintage-41-randtegel.gif"}
>      }
>    }
>    rotate<90,0,0>
> //  scale 20
> }
> 
> #declare Tile_5 =
> union {
>    box { <0, 0, 0.01>, 1 texture {pigment {White}}}
>    box { 0, <1, 1, 0.011>
>      pigment {
>        image_map {gif "vintage-41-randtegel.gif"}
>      }
>    }
>    rotate<90,0,0>
> }
> 
> 
> object { Tile_2 scale 20 rotate <0,180,0> translate <-20,0,0>}
> object { Tile_5 scale 20         translate <10,0,-10>}

Found it, an image_map starts alway at <0,0,0>.... Grrr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 20 Feb 2020 20:49:15
Message: <5e4ef0cb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2020-02-19 à 11:47, Wijnand a écrit :
> Who can help me to put an image on ONE side of a box.
> 
> #declare Tegel_1 =
> box { <100, -9, 100>, <-100, 0, -100>
>    pigment {
>      image_map {
>        gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"
>        map_type 1
>        once
>      }
>      scale 1
>    }
> }
> 
> The image is: vintage-40-vloertegel.gif
> The result is: test_01.png

map_type 1 is used to map the image on a sphere.
You want to use map_type 0, the default.
It maps the image in a tiling fashion along the X-Y plane.

So, it becomes :
#declare Tegel_1 =
box { 0, 1 //from <0,0,0> to <1,1,1>
   pigment {
     image_map {
       gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"//use default mapping
     }
  translate <-0.5, -0.5, 0>//  centre it
  rotate 90*x // flip to the X-Z plane
     scale <200, 9, 200> // scale to the desired dimention
   }
}


Post a reply to this message

From: Wijnand
Subject: Re: How to put an image on ONE side of a box
Date: 21 Feb 2020 12:10:53
Message: <5e4fc8cd@news.povray.org>
Op 20-2-2020 om 21:49 schreef Alain Martel:
> Le 2020-02-19 à 11:47, Wijnand a écrit :
>> Who can help me to put an image on ONE side of a box.
>>
>> #declare Tegel_1 =
>> box { <100, -9, 100>, <-100, 0, -100>
>>    pigment {
>>      image_map {
>>        gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"
>>        map_type 1
>>        once
>>      }
>>      scale 1
>>    }
>> }
>>
>> The image is: vintage-40-vloertegel.gif
>> The result is: test_01.png
> 
> map_type 1 is used to map the image on a sphere.
> You want to use map_type 0, the default.
> It maps the image in a tiling fashion along the X-Y plane.
> 
> So, it becomes :
> #declare Tegel_1 =
> box { 0, 1 //from <0,0,0> to <1,1,1>
>    pigment {
>      image_map {
>        gif "vintage-40-vloertegel.gif"//use default mapping
>      }
>   translate <-0.5, -0.5, 0>//  centre it
>   rotate 90*x // flip to the X-Z plane
>      scale <200, 9, 200> // scale to the desired dimention
>    }
> }

Thanks again, regards...


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.