POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Newbie cannot make +D to work Server Time
29 Apr 2024 17:40:16 EDT (-0400)
  Newbie cannot make +D to work (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: wealthychef
Subject: Newbie cannot make +D to work
Date: 2 Oct 2012 20:10:00
Message: <web.506b822fd235256c4a296dd40@news.povray.org>
I am rendering a scene (which is incredibly fast with 3.7 BTW) and would like to
use +D to display the image while it renders.  Is this broken?  I see in the
output that "Graphic Display" is set to "On" but no image appears while
rendering.    Here's what I'm doing:

 povray scene.pov +W2048 +H1024 +A  +SP16 -P +K0.0 Declare=TIMESTEP=0
Declare=USE_MMA=0 Declare=USE_CCS=0 Declare=USE_CCSM4_TIMESTEPS=0
Declare=STARS=1 Declare=GRADIENT=0 Declare=ROTATE_EARTH=80
Declare=DASHED_ORBIT=0 Declare=FULL_ORBIT=0 Declare=view_lat=40.0
Declare=DATAGRID=0 Declare=SATELLITE=0 Declare=view_dist=20.0 Declare=LOOKAT_X=0
Declare=LOOKAT_Y=0 Declare=LOOKAT_Z=2   +D

With 3.6.1, I get an image (even without +D) in 13 seconds.
With 3.7.0, the rendering is less than 1 second !! but I do not get my preview
window.

Any help?  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> I am rendering a scene (which is incredibly fast with 3.7 BTW) and would like to
> use +D to display the image while it renders.  Is this broken?  I see in the
> output that "Graphic Display" is set to "On" but no image appears while
> rendering.    Here's what I'm doing:
>
> With 3.6.1, I get an image (even without +D) in 13 seconds.
> With 3.7.0, the rendering is less than 1 second !! but I do not get my preview
> window.
>
> Any help?  Thanks.

Have you tried +P so it pauses long enough to see it?

Post a reply to this message

Le 03/10/2012 02:09, wealthychef a écrit :
> I am rendering a scene (which is incredibly fast with 3.7 BTW) and would like to
> use +D to display the image while it renders.  Is this broken?  I see in the
> output that "Graphic Display" is set to "On" but no image appears while
> rendering.    Here's what I'm doing:
>
>  povray scene.pov +W2048 +H1024 +A  +SP16 -P +K0.0 Declare=TIMESTEP=0
> Declare=USE_MMA=0 Declare=USE_CCS=0 Declare=USE_CCSM4_TIMESTEPS=0
> Declare=STARS=1 Declare=GRADIENT=0 Declare=ROTATE_EARTH=80
> Declare=DASHED_ORBIT=0 Declare=FULL_ORBIT=0 Declare=view_lat=40.0
> Declare=DATAGRID=0 Declare=SATELLITE=0 Declare=view_dist=20.0 Declare=LOOKAT_X=0
> Declare=LOOKAT_Y=0 Declare=LOOKAT_Z=2   +D
>
> With 3.6.1, I get an image (even without +D) in 13 seconds.
> With 3.7.0, the rendering is less than 1 second !! but I do not get my preview
> window.
>
> Any help?  Thanks.

Can you try it with the benchmark scene ? (copy benchmark.pov in your
directory from /usr/local/share/povray-3.7/scenes/advanced )

It should take enough time to see the window.

With your 1 second render, was the image-file created ?

Post a reply to this message