POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Newbie cannot make +D to work : Re: Newbie cannot make +D to work Server Time
16 May 2024 07:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie cannot make +D to work
From: Warp
Date: 3 Oct 2012 09:01:44
Message: <506c3738@news.povray.org>
wealthychef <coo### [at] llnlgov> wrote:
> I am rendering a scene (which is incredibly fast with 3.7 BTW) and would like to
> use +D to display the image while it renders.  Is this broken?  I see in the
> output that "Graphic Display" is set to "On" but no image appears while
> rendering.

It would help if you told us what your operating system is and how you
got povray on it (iow. did you compile it yourself or did you download
a precompiled binary, and if yes, where from?)

If you are compiling it yourself you need to install the SDL libraries
or else the preview won't work. Pay attention to what the configure
script prints.

--
                                                          - Warp