POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 Server Time
18 May 2024 09:50:49 EDT (-0400)
  probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: beny
Subject: probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3
Date: 17 Apr 2011 13:05:01
Message: <web.4dab1cfdb2ea9db2e161d0420@news.povray.org>
hello
I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
Do you know how to resolve that?
i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.

Beny

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Apr 2011 13:11:42
Message: <4dab1f4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/17/2011 02:01 PM, beny wrote:
> hello
> I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
> Do you know how to resolve that?
> i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.
>
> Beny

from the command-line do: povray -version

Built-in features:
   I/O restrictions:          enabled
   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
   Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
   Unsupported image formats: -

you're looking for the X Window display information ... if you don't get
that you need to check out the read me with the source build
instructions and rebuild with lib sdl package installed. If you're
getting the proper info (like above) ... are you using +d comman line
option?

jim

Post a reply to this message

From: beny
Date: 17 Apr 2011 13:50:00
Message: <web.4dab27faae520e29e161d0420@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 02:01 PM, beny wrote:
> > hello
> > I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
> > Do you know how to resolve that?
> > i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.
> >
> > Beny
> >

> from the command-line do: povray -version
>
> Built-in features:
>    I/O restrictions:          enabled
>    X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
>    Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
>    Unsupported image formats: -
>
> you're looking for the X Window display information ... if you don't get
> that you need to check out the read me with the source build
> instructions and rebuild with lib sdl package installed. If you're
> getting the proper info (like above) ... are you using +d comman line
> option?
>
> jim

the command-line : "povray-version" return

Built-in features:
  I/O restrictions:          enabled
  X Window display:          disabled
  Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff
  Unsupported image formats: openexr

Compilation settings:
  Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
  Compiler vendor:     gnu
  Compiler version:    g++ 4.4.3
  Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
-fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread

beny

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Apr 2011 14:05:59
Message: <4dab2c07$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/17/2011 02:48 PM, beny wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> On 04/17/2011 02:01 PM, beny wrote:
>>> hello
>>> I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
>>> Do you know how to resolve that?
>>> i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.
>>>
>>> Beny
>>>

>> from the command-line do: povray -version
>>
>> Built-in features:
>>     I/O restrictions:          enabled
>>     X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
>>     Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
>>     Unsupported image formats: -
>>
>> you're looking for the X Window display information ... if you don't get
>> that you need to check out the read me with the source build
>> instructions and rebuild with lib sdl package installed. If you're
>> getting the proper info (like above) ... are you using +d comman line
>> option?
>>
>> jim
>

> the command-line : "povray-version" return
>
> Built-in features:
>    I/O restrictions:          enabled
>    X Window display:          disabled
>    Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff
>    Unsupported image formats: openexr
>
> Compilation settings:
>    Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>    Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
>    Compiler vendor:     gnu
>    Compiler version:    g++ 4.4.3
>    Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
> -fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread
>
> beny

so that means that you do /NOT/ have libsdl package installed ...
there's a link in read me to get those files or maybe your linux app
repository has a package for download ... at any rate you'll need to get
that installed somehow and do a rebuild ... configure /should/ detect a
proper libsdl installation

good luck
jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Apr 2011 15:36:51
Message: <4dab4153@news.povray.org>
Le 17/04/2011 20:05, Jim Holsenback nous fit lire :

>> the command-line : "povray-version" return
>>
>> Built-in features:
>>    I/O restrictions:          enabled
>>    X Window display:          disabled
>>    Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff
>>    Unsupported image formats: openexr
>>
>> Compilation settings:
>>    Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>    Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
>>    Compiler vendor:     gnu
>>    Compiler version:    g++ 4.4.3
>>    Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
>> -fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread
>>
>> beny
>>

> so that means that you do /NOT/ have libsdl package installed ...
> there's a link in read me to get those files or maybe your linux app
> repository has a package for download ... at any rate you'll need to get
> that installed somehow and do a rebuild ... configure /should/ detect a
> proper libsdl installation

Lucid is ubuntu LTS.
It does work on LTS.
As Jim quoted, you need to install libsdl (and that means the
libsdl*-dev version, at least to configure & compile)

If you want openexr as well, it's something like libopenexr-dev ;-)