POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 : Re: probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Apr 2011 14:05:59
Message: <4dab2c07$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/17/2011 02:48 PM, beny wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> On 04/17/2011 02:01 PM, beny wrote:
>>> hello
>>> I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
>>> Do you know how to resolve that?
>>> i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.
>>>
>>> Beny
>>>

>> from the command-line do: povray -version
>>
>> Built-in features:
>>     I/O restrictions:          enabled
>>     X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
>>     Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
>>     Unsupported image formats: -
>>
>> you're looking for the X Window display information ... if you don't get
>> that you need to check out the read me with the source build
>> instructions and rebuild with lib sdl package installed. If you're
>> getting the proper info (like above) ... are you using +d comman line
>> option?
>>
>> jim
>

> the command-line : "povray-version" return
>
> Built-in features:
>    I/O restrictions:          enabled
>    X Window display:          disabled
>    Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff
>    Unsupported image formats: openexr
>
> Compilation settings:
>    Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>    Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
>    Compiler vendor:     gnu
>    Compiler version:    g++ 4.4.3
>    Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
> -fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread
>
> beny

so that means that you do /NOT/ have libsdl package installed ...
there's a link in read me to get those files or maybe your linux app
repository has a package for download ... at any rate you'll need to get
that installed somehow and do a rebuild ... configure /should/ detect a
proper libsdl installation

good luck
jim