POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 : Re: probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: probem with renderinq window on linux whit povray-3.7.0.RC3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Apr 2011 13:11:42
Message: <4dab1f4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/17/2011 02:01 PM, beny wrote:
> hello
> I can't open a rendring window when calculating image.
> Do you know how to resolve that?
> i'm using linux 2.6.32-30 generic (lucid 10.04) under Amd64 dual core.
>
> Beny

from the command-line do: povray -version

Built-in features:
   I/O restrictions:          enabled
   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
   Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
   Unsupported image formats: -

you're looking for the X Window display information ... if you don't get
that you need to check out the read me with the source build
instructions and rebuild with lib sdl package installed. If you're
getting the proper info (like above) ... are you using +d comman line
option?

jim