POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Struggling with gamma... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 03:01:01 EDT (-0400)
  Struggling with gamma... (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Gyscos
Subject: Struggling with gamma...
Date: 26 Jun 2010 04:15:00
Message: <web.4c25b685f7030258e3006550@news.povray.org>
Hello there !
I tried, I tried, I really tried to understand how gamma works...
How could I switch it off ?... So this scene would give a perfectly mid-gray
image :

camera {
  location -z
  look_at 0
}

box {
  -0.5
  0.5
  pigment { rgb 0.5 }
  finish { ambient 1 }
}

I don't understand why this isn't the case when NO gamma settings is set
(evertything to default).

I tried File_Gamma=1 Display_Gamma=1, and it seemed to work fine in gimp and in
the window image viewer, but then I try to see the image in firefox and it is
way to bright - so firefox can't handle gamma data ?

Post a reply to this message