POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Struggling with gamma... : Re: Struggling with gamma... Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:37:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Struggling with gamma...
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jun 2010 06:25:51
Message: <4c25d5af@news.povray.org>
On 26/06/2010 10:59 AM, Gyscos wrote:
> If I understood correctly, the 'over-bright impression' is actually the correct
> way images should be, right ?
>
> But then, the default ambient light is waaaay to high, isn't it ?

high. That means the box does not need a light source to be fully
illuminated. If you are using radiosity set the ambient to zero. If not
try an ambient between 0.1 and 0.2.

There have been a few discussions on this newsgroup about the changes in
the way Pov 3.7 beta handles gamma so you could search here. Also the
Wiki has a topic.
http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Fix_old_scenes_to_work_with_the_new_gamma_system

--

Best Regards,