POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug in beta 35 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:52:05 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in beta 35 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rosso5
Subject: Bug in beta 35
Date: 4 Jan 2010 13:05:00
Message: <web.4b422cc11d896a39900266f50@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone.
I tried the beta 35, since I got an error message about expiration of version
34, since january 1st.
Unfortunately, I discovered a quite serius bug in beta 35.
Any cone will have both ends with the sign of every coordinate changed!
This doesn't happen with version 34.
For example, try:

cylinder{0,10*x,0.02 pigment{color x}}
cylinder{0,10*y,0.02 pigment{color y}}
cylinder{0,10*z,0.02 pigment{color z}}

camera
{
   location 3
   right x*16/9
   direction x*2
   sky z
   up y
   look_at 0
}

cone{<0,0,0>,0,<1,0,0>,0.3 pigment{color rgb 1}}
light_source{10 color rgb 1}

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile, I will try to uninstall beta 35 and install back version 34.

Thank you.
Best regards.
                   Rosso5

Post a reply to this message

Le 04/01/2010 19:02, Rosso5 nous fit lire :
> Hello everyone.

> I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.
> In the meanwhile, I will try to uninstall beta 35 and install back version 34.

It's all my fault. Sincerely. Sorry.

I forget to add a

VScaleEq(axis, -1.0);

inside

  if (apex_radius < base_radius)
  {
    /* Want the bigger end at the top */

    Assign_Vector(tmpv,base);
    Assign_Vector(base,apex);
    Assign_Vector(apex,tmpv);

    tmpf = base_radius;
    base_radius = apex_radius;
    apex_radius = tmpf;
    VScaleEq(axis, -1.0);  // Missing: opposite axis
  }

in cones.cpp::Cone::Compute_Cone_Data() (circa line 866)

Previously, axis was computed after that inversion.
It is now computed before, because I needed the length of the cone a bit
before.

> Thank you.
> Best regards.
>                    Rosso5