POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug in beta 35 : Bug in beta 35 Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:06:22 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in beta 35
From: Rosso5
Date: 4 Jan 2010 13:05:00
Message: <web.4b422cc11d896a39900266f50@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone.
I tried the beta 35, since I got an error message about expiration of version
34, since january 1st.
Unfortunately, I discovered a quite serius bug in beta 35.
Any cone will have both ends with the sign of every coordinate changed!
This doesn't happen with version 34.
For example, try:

cylinder{0,10*x,0.02 pigment{color x}}
cylinder{0,10*y,0.02 pigment{color y}}
cylinder{0,10*z,0.02 pigment{color z}}

camera
{
   location 3
   right x*16/9
   direction x*2
   sky z
   up y
   look_at 0
}

cone{<0,0,0>,0,<1,0,0>,0.3 pigment{color rgb 1}}
light_source{10 color rgb 1}

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile, I will try to uninstall beta 35 and install back version 34.

Thank you.
Best regards.
                   Rosso5