POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : default light source in 3.7? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:49:37 EDT (-0400)
  default light source in 3.7? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Louis
Subject: default light source in 3.7?
Date: 17 Nov 2009 11:00:01
Message: <web.4b02c77e4c442a2e27a6896b0@news.povray.org>
There seems to be a default light source in 3.7 Beta 34.
When I turn all light sources off and set global_settings{ambient_light 0} in
3.6 I get a black image, but 3.7 gives a dusk ambient lighted image. All my
scenes tend to be allot brighter in 3.7 than in 3.6.

I googled and bingd on how to turn this off without success, or is it something
else?

Cheers,
Louis

Post a reply to this message

> There seems to be a default light source in 3.7 Beta 34.
> When I turn all light sources off and set global_settings{ambient_light 0}
> in
> 3.6 I get a black image, but 3.7 gives a dusk ambient lighted image. All
> my
> scenes tend to be allot brighter in 3.7 than in 3.6.
>
> I googled and bingd on how to turn this off without success, or is it
> something
> else?

sounds like gamma handling issue ... check out the threads in this newsgroup
that discuss gamma and see if that sheds any light (no pun intended) on your
issue.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> sounds like gamma handling issue ... check out the threads in this newsgroup
> that discuss gamma and see if that sheds any light (no pun intended) on your
> issue.
>
> Jim

"#version 3.6" did the trick, thanks!

Post a reply to this message

>> sounds like gamma handling issue ... check out the threads in this newsgroup
>> that discuss gamma and see if that sheds any light (no pun intended) on your
>> issue.
>>
>> Jim
>
> "#version 3.6" did the trick, thanks!

You may also use #default{finish{ambient 0}} anywhere in your scene
file. 3.7 gives me no problems this way.

Happy Povving,

Sam

Post a reply to this message