POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : default light source in 3.7? : Re: default light source in 3.7? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:56:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: default light source in 3.7?
From: Gyscos
Date: 20 Nov 2009 02:00:10
Message: <web.4b063e28bf483f58b46bd10b0@news.povray.org>
stbenge <UN### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> You may also use #default{finish{ambient 0}} anywhere in your scene
> file. 3.7 gives me no problems this way.
>
> Happy Povving,
>
> Sam

This woudln't do the same actually.
To have the same result as 3.6, you have to change the gamme in the ini settings
:
Display_Gamma=1.0 File_Gamma=1.0

This is because the default gamma changed from 1.0 in povray 3.6 to 2.2 in
povray 3.7 ; so if you just change back the gamma, everything will be back to
normal. And this isn't the same as turning off default ambient, because even
with gamma 1.0, unlit objects will look dark but not black.