POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 (Message 1 to 10 of 104)
From: Frank C
Subject: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
Date: 22 Aug 2009 10:25:00
Message: <web.4a8fff06e8953aaff8ed4b7f0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I rendered a very simple scene in both v3.62 and v3.7beta34:

camera{location <0,2,-2> look_at <0,0,0>}
light_source {<0,2,-2> color 1}
sphere{0,1 pigment{rgb<1,0,0>}}

If you render this scene in both versions, then it looks as if the sphere has
"flattened" in the new version.
Have certain default settings changed? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Frank

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:21:58 EDT, "Frank_C" <fra### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

>If you render this scene in both versions, then it looks as if the sphere has
>"flattened" in the new version.

Sorry but the only differences that I get in pigment which disappears when
adding  global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 } to the v3.62 scene.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:21:58 EDT, "Frank_C" <fra### [at] skynetbe> wrote:
>
>> If you render this scene in both versions, then it looks as if the sphere has
>> "flattened" in the new version.
>
> Sorry but the only differences that I get in pigment which disappears when
> adding  global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 } to the v3.62 scene.

Same here.

Frank, are you sure you used the same resolution with both renders?

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry but the only differences that I get in pigment which disappears when
> adding  global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 } to the v3.62 scene.

  Btw, could someone explain, once again, why the default gamma settings
of povray 3.7 are different from the defaults in 3.6, making all scenes
without explicit gamma settings render differently? I never quite got the
reason for this.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message